Friday, April 22, 2011

HAPPY EARTH DAY!

Happy Earth Day to you and yours!

Today is a special day, one that is devoted to being thankful for the life giver herself and I can't help but feel like Earth Day should get WAY more recognition than it does. Out of all the random holidays we have, shouldn't Earth day be a little higher up on the scale of importance? After all, how would we even be here without this all providing, abundant, brilliantly beautiful planet??? None of this would even be possible. Hmm.. Yeah the more I think about this the stronger I feel. We should absolutely get the day off to get outside and DO SOMETHING TO GIVE BACK FOR THE ULTIMATE MOTHER, to do something to show our thanks and appreciation for this planet we call Earth. We have the power to make a difference... Only we have the power to leave our environment in better condition than it was before. So please, I ask you to do your part, in what ever way you can. 
A friend, my boyfriend and I only had an hour of time to pick up trash and only covered .6 miles, but look how much trash we picked up in that amount of time and space. We had 5 bags of trash, and 3 bags of recyclables. Imagine if even half the people you know did the same thing... Think of how much good that would spread, how good it would feel to drive down the road and not see a reflection of people's laziness. Plus, the simple act of just picking the trash up felt amazing... And I think I may become addicted to making my environment a prettier place. In fact, if you'd like to join our group (we're calling ourselves "Team Clean") then email me @ kpelletier8@yahoo.com and I'll keep you posted for when we go out next.

Anyway, I strongly encourage you to go out and do what you can. Don't allow for limiting thoughts to stop you. We are capable of doing so much more than we realize. And, once you do I promise you'll feel great that you did. :)
Peace and Love Earth Keepers!

And a little Xaiver Rudd, plus video, love to follow the theme:


No comments:

Post a Comment